Today on Sixty-Second Secrets for Gardening Success: Lawnmower maintenance!
To keep your mower in tip-top running condition, have a competent service professional thoroughly inspect your mower at least once a year.
Some things to ask them to do for you include:
· Sharpening and balancing the blade. A dull blade tears grass and can leave in prone to disease, and an unbalanced blade can cause your mower excess wear and tear.
· Check the air filter. If you are using the mower in dry or dusty conditions, you will need to replace the air filter more often.
· Check the spark plug. Always ensure that the spark plug is clean and gapped correctly.
· Check the carburetor and have it adjusted if necessary.
· Check the oil, and have it changed if needed.
· Check the wheels, bags, and belts and replace as needed.
By keeping your mower in proper working order, you can help maintain a healthy environment, pocketbook and lawn.
For more information on lawn care, contact your local CSU Extension Office.
Sixty-Second Secrets for Gardening Success is a production of Colorado State University Extension.
CSU Extension: Extending knowledge, changing lives.